It’s important to eat right at all times. But when you live an active lifestyle, you have to be sure you’re fueling your body right to keep up and not get run down and even get sick. If you don’t have the proper nutrients and end up running around like crazy, you are more likely to have faster crashes and burns and even catch colds and other illnesses much easier. So here’s how to eat to fuel your body so you can keep up with everything you want to do.
Healthy Nutrition for an Active Lifestyle
- Antioxidants – Fruits and vegetables are a great source of antioxidants. What this does for your body is protect it from damage due to free radicals, which will cause you to age faster and break down the cells in the body. Lots of colorful fruits and vegetables will help to neutralize the effects of free radicals on your body. So fill up your plate, or at least half of it, with these foods.
- Vitamins and Minerals – Whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean meats, and fruits and vegetables all provide the vitamins and minerals needed for energy to fuel an active lifestyle. Our bodies aren’t very efficient at producing the vitamins and minerals needed to function properly, so we have to choose the right foods with the right amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- Portion Control – Instead of eating three large meals a day, eat smaller, healthy, well-balanced meals throughout the day. Eating six to eight smaller meals a day instead of three large meals will keep you energized throughout the day so you can maintain your active lifestyle. It will keep your energy up and your metabolism high.
- Healthy Fats – You cannot avoid fat. Most foods contain fat, and your body needs fat. But it would help if you choose healthy fats, not empty calories. Eating fats with key fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 will provide you with good heart health and will lubricate your joints. A great healthy fat to eat would be nuts like walnuts.
- Eat before Exercise – Don’t follow the old adage of waiting 30 minutes before you can swim. Eating before exercise will fuel that workout. But be smart about what you eat. You don’t want a big heavy four-course meal; it should be sensible. This way, you aren’t hungry in the middle of your workout.
- Stay Hydrated – Remember to drink water throughout the day. An important part of nutrition is to remain hydrated, no matter what kind of lifestyle you live.
To make sure you’re getting enough nutrition to help you attain the peak of your performance, take Fern-Activ. It’s a multivitamin and mineral supplement that supplies your daily nutritional needs for a boosted energy. Order Fern-Activ from Orgaanics today!
What you put into your body – your food and drink – will have a huge impact on how you perform throughout the day. So choose the right diet, but then fine-tune how you eat throughout the day based on how you perform. Be open to making changes and space out your eating schedule differently. Doing this will improve your performance and help you maintain your active lifestyle and remain in good health while doing it.