You may be unfamiliar with boron and its importance in keeping you young in appearance and body. Boron is a trace mineral that is used by several areas of the body including skin, bone, and muscle.
Although boron isn’t as well-known as its macro counterparts (magnesium and calcium), it plays a definite role in keeping you stay young and healthy. Ongoing research is cementing the knowledge that without essential trace elements such as boron, the body cannot properly utilize the macronutrients.
This means that in the absence of these essential micro-nutrients, increased intake of calcium will be excreted, and provide little benefit in bone-building or other functions. As maintaining a strong skeleton is essential to delaying the effects of aging, it is important to look beyond mega-doses of calcium as the sole solution for overcoming osteoporosis.
Health Benefits of Boron
Some health and anti-aging benefits of boron include:
- Protects Bones and Joints – Only 3 milligrams of boron per day helps to reduce the amount of calcium and magnesium that are lost in urinary excretion, indicating that it can help reduce the risk of bone deterioration during menopausal years. It also increases hormone serum levels and testosterone levels.
- Balances Hormonal Levels – Both sexes can benefit from boron’s power to level sex hormones. For women, boron helps to relieve menopausal symptoms and PMS.
- Concentration and Brain Function – Aging adults may benefit from boron by its ability to help with attention span, retaining information, cognitive issues, and revitalizing a sluggish brain. Research has proven that task performances, including motor skills, dexterity, and perception can all be increased with boron.
- Muscle Mass Improvement – Healthy muscle mass is important – especially as you age. With boron, vitamins and minerals are more readily absorbed and used by the body. You’ll also have less pain following intense workouts, and it promotes testosterone production and higher energy levels.
- Prevention and Treatment of Yeast Infections – Yeast infections have long been a problem for women. Boric acid is the form of boron used to heal infections in the vagina and is safe and effective.
- Treats Diabetes – Changes in blood glucose and triglyceride levels may all be helped by increasing boron levels. It’s also being tested for the treatment of insulin resistance in some sufferers of diabetes.
- Heals Skin – Skin irritation may be effectively treated with boron and it can even be used as an eyewash for infections or damaging bacteria. Boron may help to relieve skin irritation, redness, and inflammation.
- Digestive Disorders – Boron can rid your digestive tract of parasites that cause digestive distress such as upset stomach and other disorders.
Boron Rich Foods to Add To Your Diet
Boron is a natural substance found in whole foods such as whole grains, avocados, beans, berries, nuts, plums, grapes, and oranges. It’s sometimes found in water in certain regions, but most of our boron comes to us through eating the right foods in our diet. The boron we derive from the plants we eat is mainly boric acid. More research is now being conducted to discover other benefits of boron on the human body, but we do know that its ability to reduce signs of aging is undisputed.
Another great addition to your diet to slow down the signs of aging is UVA Tea from Orgaanics.