Chakras are derived from the Sanskrit word for “wheel”. These are metaphysical nodes of energy where the physical, spiritual, and emotional states of being intersect. To state it simply, chakras help analyze how the balance of energy within an individual contributes to holistic wellness. Read on for a more in-depth discussion on chakras.
The Different Chakras
Chakras represent different areas of the body, arranged from head to toe. There are seven chakras, each with its unique name, and each presides over the bodily region of its location and its associated transcendental characteristics. Here are the seven chakras and their meaning:
1. Root Chakra (Muladhara) – As the name suggests, the root is the foundation of stability and safety. Located near the tailbone, it addresses the basic needs that ground one’s daily life.
2. Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana) – This chakra is the home of sexual and creative energy. It is located below the navel and provides enjoyment in life.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) – Occupying the central abdomen region of the body, the solar plexus contributes to self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata) – Consistent with the wide association between the heart and love, this chakra is responsible for forgiveness, compassion, and kindness.
5. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) – True to its location, this chakra gives personal truths a voice.
6. Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) – Also referred to as the “mind’s eye,” this chakra is housed between the eyebrows and is responsible for intuition.
7. Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) – This chakra allows the mind to achieve its most enlightened state and provides the strongest spiritual connection with the surrounding universe.
A Balancing Act
Since matter and spirit are inextricably linked at these seven points, one can only achieve holistic health when all chakras are internally balanced and open. This way, energy freely flows throughout an individual. Physical ailments in a region and the corresponding spiritual elements of any given chakra freely influence each other. Hence, understanding these connections can help identify and address the root causes of health issues.
As you continue researching this topic, you will discover that there are an array of different ways to use your chakras for healing your body, mind, and soul. Some people choose to use healing crystals placed on different chakras, while others use reiki healing with chakra healing. You can even use your favorite essential oils to help you balance out your seven chakras. If you are going to use essential oils, make sure you only use all-natural, authentic ones, like Lavander Oil , Eucalyptus Oil, and Rosemary Oil, all from Orgaanics.
Becoming more aware of these is the first step to natural and holistic healing. Get to know each chakra, become intimate with it, and familiar with how it works and how to heal it if you believe it needs healing. Keep learning, and you will get to a place of self-healing.