Although there are many foods that you will probably want to avoid, many people with IBS enjoy a wide range of meals. Though it isn’t always easy, there are ways to get the nutrients you need even though you have removed some foods from your diet. Preparation and reading are required if you want to learn how to cook delicious food that fills your need for nutrition, so here is a short list of IBS friendly foods to add to your diet.
- Water – First and foremost, water is one of the most important things that you can ingest. It is essential for cellular functionality and general health, so it’s important to be sure to get enough water each day. It is recommended that you drink at least 6 – 8 ounces every 2 – 3 hours.
- Homemade Vegetable Juice – Be sure to try small amounts and take note of how it affects you, but vegetable juice can be an excellent source of nutrients and provide you with a large dose of electrolytes. You can also blend skinned fruits and vegetables to make ultra-healthy smoothies.
- Steamed vegetables – Some of the easiest to digest vegetables are those that are steamed. The steaming process makes them softer so that they pass through your system with far more ease. Avoid including starchy vegetables.
- Easily Digested Protein – People with IBS frequently have a hard time getting the protein needed to achieve health. Be sure to include foods in your diet that are easily digested, like tuna, salmon, and other omega-3 rich fish.
- Good Fats – It can be very beneficial if you consume an appropriate amount of good fats in your diet. Coconut oil is an example of one of the best sources of nutrients and healthy fats. You can also have small amounts of egg yolk, and fish also contains a good amount of these types of fats.
Foods to Avoid
While many foods can be enjoyed, a few should be avoided as much as possible for your comfort. Sugar and processed versions of flour should be avoided because they feed the bacteria that contribute to IBS and reduced immune system functionality. Caffeine is a part of many people’s morning routine, but the reality is that it can cause inflammatory action in the gut.
To help take care of your colon and manage IBS, take Tocoma Total Colon Management. It’s a natural fiber supplement that helps remove waste from your colon. It is used of probiotics (healthy bacteria) that help restore your digestive system’s natural balance. This is especially helpful if you’re suffering from bloating, gas, diarrhea, or IBS. Order Tocoma Total Colon Management from Orgaanics today!